Monday, January 21, 2013

This Week's Menu (Jan 21)





Well last week was some what of a disaster in the kitchen. We definitely had too many nights of eating out, but we were blessed to have such a great weekend celebrating my amazing hubby's 28th birthday (two nights out with family and one night away in a hotel for just me and the hubs...I love that guy)!

I must admit to you all that I am so guilty of quick fix not so healthy meals or grabbing something quick out. There is such a great season of change in our house that this is one habit that has to go.

I am making that change in our kitchen starting this week. I am not going to be buying any boxed/processed "food". I guilt-fully have been taking the "easy" route with our meals (or at least the kiddos meals) since Evie has been born. I don't want to set them up for poor eating habits as adults. So I am changing that habit for them while they are young.

Of course with that being said, my weekly grocery budget isn't going to change. So I am going to get creative and make a lot of snack from scratch...(recipes to come as I make them). But this week I am going to be stick with some favorites...some of these are roll overs from last week. Well here we go... :)

Monday
Homeschooling 
Grocery Shopping
Broiled Tilapia with Jasmine Rice and Steamed Broccoli

Tuesday
Homeschooling
Play Date with my sweet friend and her precious children
Chicken Taco Stew (Crock pot) I used this linked recipe originally, but I now have made so many changes that I will post the recipe I've changed it to this week! :)

Wednesday
Homeschooling
Church
Pot Roast (Crock pot)

Thursday
Homeschooling
Cleaning
Savory Pork Tenderloin with Carrots  

Friday
MOPS
Homeschooling
Dinner Date with my sister-in-law and her fiance :)

Saturday
Family Time
Cleaning 
Grilled Pineapple Chicken with Zucchini 

Sunday
Church
TBA or leftovers
Hosting Small Group :)

For more recipes or to share your family's menu, go to Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie!

Well I hope you all have a great week in the kitchen!
Blessings and Love!







No comments:

Post a Comment