Friday, October 29, 2010
My Sweet Little David!
Today Trey has a Harvest Party at school!
He was told to dress up like his favorite Bible character. Well whenever he found out about it (cough, cough 2 or 3 weeks ago), he automatically said he wanted to be David! He has loved that story since he was about 2 watching Dave and the Giant Pickle! LOL...So of course I started to brainstorm about what I needed to buy, etc. Well then the crazy week hit last week and it totally slipped my mind...Oops...!
So yesterday I was all over Columbus looking for a shepherd costume, which there were none! So I thought Oh I can make one..it shouldn't be too hard, right....I mean I knit so I can follow patterns pretty well and can visualize the project when its in pieces. HA!
Thank goodness for parents!! My poor sick mother came over and helped me construct the gown and robe and my step dad made the coolest sling shot ever! Sigh but it was a great learning experience. Here are some things that I learned!
1. I am too ambitious! lol..but I have lifesavers for parents!
2. Don't sew your mother's finger with a sewing machine! Oops...sorry mom!
3. Burlap sheds and really hurts whenever it gets in your eye!
4. I think I might take up sewing its pretty fun!
5. Little boys don't care if the costume is "perfect". All they care about is the sling shot!
Hope you all have an awesome weekend!!
Blessings and Love!