Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh Fudge!!




Well this was my first year making fudge. It was relatively easy, although it will give you some great arm muscles from all of that stirring! I am just happy both batches passed the Hubby Test! I love my Dave with all my heart, but he won't hesitate to let me know he doesn't like something (in a very sweet and nice way, but blunt too! LOL). So whenever he said that he liked it I knew it was worth sharing! Its a simple recipe from Marshmallow Fluff! So here it is!

Yummy Chocolate Fudge



5 cups of sugar
2 small (5 oz) cans of evaporated milk
1/2 stick of butter or margarine
1 jar (16 oz) marshmallow fluff
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 large (12 oz) bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of walnuts

-Combine first 5 ingredients in a dutch oven. Blend together over low heat.

-Once its blended well bring it to a boil over medium heat (it needs to be a rolling boil not just slightly boiling). Then boil slowly for 5 -7 minutes stirring constantly! (to make sure it is done use the soft ball test)



-Remove from heat stir in chocolate and vanilla (and nuts is you use them) until it is all blended and smooth (work fast because it cools quickly). Pour it into 2 buttered 9x9 pans or 1 13x9 buttered pan. Let it cool and then eat it up! It makes about 5 lbs.



Blessings and Love!!



No comments:

Post a Comment